Robbie Roberts Blog OCS, Exchange & Technology
It is sometimes necessary to issue a wildcard certificate from your internal Microsoft CA, I had such a requirement this week and thought it would make a nice blog post.
The post assumes you have a Enterprise CA already deployed and a web server template deployed and available for enrolment.
First we need to create the certificate request that will be issued to your CA.
1. Logon to a Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 7 domain member
2. Open the certificates MMC snap-in
Now create the certificate request
3. Right click the Certificates folder which is found under the personal folder
4. Select All Tasks > Advanced Options > Create Custom Request
5. In the Certificate Enrolment Wizard Click Next
6. In the Certificate Enrollment Page select Custom Request > Proceed without enrolment Policy and then select Next
7. In the Custom Request Page select (No template) Legacy Key from…
View original post 379 more words